Daddy's girl!

Daddy's girl!
One of my favorites!

Monday, August 30, 2010

What's in a name?

My sweet baby girl is named after my childhood best friend! I use to spend just about every weekend at her house with her and her family! I loved going to her house! She was one of nine children and it was so fun to have so many other kids to play with. We would often stay up most of the night talking with her big sister talking about boys! (Of course!) I would get in trouble when I got home because I would occasionally be sick after spending the weekend at her house. Total lack of sleep = a sick Christie !!! My mom would tell me I couldn't go if I was going to come home sick! When I think of my childhood I can't help but think of my special friend! I'm grateful for all the wonderful memories that I have of us! And though Facebook we have been able to stay connected and also many of her siblings too! As for her middle name it just sounded good! Really I have always thought Sophia Loren was a beautiful lady. And I love Ralph Lauren clothing! Not so much the clothes themselves but the initials on the clothes. They are the same as Ralph's! I even have sunglasses at say Ralph on them. Ralph and many friends think I'm so silly! I am so it's OK with me! We also followed a tradition that Ralph's parents started. Ralph and all his siblings middle names start with the letter "L". Ralph is RLL. Me ~ CLL so I fit right in! =) Now our sweet Jessica is JLL!

I'm looking for a picture of my friend Jessica and me as kids! Will post later.

1 comment:

Jessica Hernandez said...

This totally made me cry. I just thought you picked that name because you liked it. We had some awesome times. It's too bad you had to leave hoptown so soon. I think I would have gone down a different (better) path with you by my side. You will be the best mom ever!!!!