Saturday, December 25, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Dear Friends and Family,
Another busy year has passed with many changes coming to our lives. First of all our beautiful daughter Jessica Lauren joined us this year on July 25th. Christie was lucky to have a quick labor and after just over an hour at Madigan, we now have a wonderful girl who brings so much more joy to our lives.
Second Ralph finally finished school and graduated on December 10th with a Masters Degree in Anesthesia Nursing and passed his boards exams just prior to graduation. Ralph has also been picked up for Major and we couldn’t be more proud of him and all his hard work and accomplishments. Our next bit of excitement is that we are now moving to Fort Sill, Oklahoma where we will begin our next adventure.
We are just overwhelmed with joy from being parents and learning about how much love we really have. Not a day goes by that we don’t just fall in love again with our little girl or fail to take a picture, or twenty, to help us remember the joys this year has brought. This has truly been a year of many blessings and unforgettable memories and we hope that our next new adventure will bring us many more. If you are ever interested in the most recent pictures please visit our blog at luellens.blogspot.com and if you are coming through Oklahoma, please give us a call so we can enjoy your company.
Wishing you all a joyous Holiday Season and a great 2011!!!Love, Christie, Ralph and Jessica
Monday, December 6, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
My very first Halloween! Grandma came up from Portland to go with me on my very first trick or treat outing. Not really sure what I thought about it! Since I don't really eat candy yet. People dressed in cool and sometimes scary costumes. Mom bypassed the scary ones so that I wouldn't get scared. It was a bit cold out and I was a little tired. I made it around for my first Trunk or Treat. Then mom and dad took me to visit with Frank and Martha! We love them so much! Mom and Dad tell me how wonderful they are and that they are a great source of advice and information. Good example they told mom to let me sleep through the night if I would. And to quit waking me up when mom gets up at night.
We went to church and then took a small nap so I could go visit a couple of mom and dad's friends. It was to show them just how cute I was in my Butterfly costume. Then we went to a couple of neighbors houses just so they could see me too and just how much I have grown. It was a fun weekend with all!
Mom has more pictures sometimes this is all she can get done in my short naps!
Friday, October 29, 2010
Today was my Grandpa's birthday so in honor of him I wore my I <3 grandpa!!! We went to dinner with the family tonight and had a great time and yummy food. Well they all ate yummy food and I watched them. I can't wait to eat some steak!!! Mom will post more picture of me and g-pa later! Love you grandpa!!! Hope you had a great birthday!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Jessica went on her first flight. She was such a trooper! I realized that I didn't fly on a plane until I was 19 and in college. She had a cute and cuddly friend to keep her company on the flight home. She is also hanging with dad! They are the best of friends! He always makes her smile and laugh! The two loves of my life! Many people commented that they didn't even know she was with us and that she was a good baby. The first of many many more adventures!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
by Rebecca Woolf
Last updated: June 2009
Some of my own comments too!
What changes when you have a baby? A better question may be: What doesn't change? Here, writer and mom Rebecca Woolf lists her most notable post-baby observations. Then scroll down to read our favorite comments from readers about how their babies changed their lives.
1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid. [See a reader's perspective in #22, below.]
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body ... finally.
( I would respect it more if it would shrink back down.) :(
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
(Well said!!!) Especially those with way too much DRAMA!
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise.
(and priceless! Love every minute of it!)
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
( I still look in the mirror and say I hope I don't run into anyone I know while I'm out. This is as good as it's going to get today!)
14. You become a morning person.
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
And from our readers...
1. "You discover how much there is to say about one tooth." — Ashley's mom
2. "You finally realize that true joy doesn't come from material wealth." — Anonymous
( SO true! It's the smallest smile or grabbing of a finger!)
3. "You now know where the sun comes from." — Charlotte
4. "You'd rather buy a plastic tricycle than those shoes that you've been dying to have." — Sophie's mom
5. "You realize that although sticky, lollipops have magical powers." — Roxanne
6. "You don't mind going to bed at 9 p.m. on Friday night." — Kellye
(AMEN to this one! I so wish!)
7. "Silence? What's that?" — Anonymous
8. "You realize that the 15 pounds you can't seem to get rid of are totally worth having." — Brenda
(So worth it but still wishing it would go away!)
9. "You discover an inner strength you never thought you had." — Ronin and Brookie's mom
10. "You no longer rely on a clock — your baby now sets your schedule." — Thomas' mom
11. "You give parents with a screaming child an 'I-know-the-feeling' look instead of a 'Can't-they-shut-him-up?' one." — Jaidyn's mom
12. "Your dog — who used to be your 'baby' — becomes just a dog." — Kara
[Many readers begged to differ, saying things like, " I disagree with number 12. My dogs are my additional children," "Nothing about previous babies, whether two- or four-legged, changes when a new miracle comes along," "My dog will never be 'just a dog," and "This is sad to me. My dog is still my baby too."]
13. "You take the time for one more hug and kiss even if it means you'll be late." — Tracey
14. "You learn that taking a shower is a luxury." — Jayden's mom
(Especially if it last longer than 5 minutes!)
15. "You realize that you can love a complete stranger." — Dezarae's mom
16. You find yourself wanting to make this world a better place. — Arizona
17. If you didn’t believe in love at first sight before, now you do! — Ciara
18. You start to appreciate Sesame Street for its intellectual contribution. — Anon.
19. You have to quit watching the news because you see every story from a mother's perspective and it breaks your heart. — Brooke&Boys
20. You just plain love life more - everything comes together and becomes better because of one tiny person and your love for them. — Anon.
21. You finally find out the real reason you have those breasts. — Anon.
(So I could feel like a cow. Poor cows!)
22. In response to #2 [above], I'd say that where you were once afraid, you're now fearless. I was always very timid and shy and let myself get walked all over … but now where my kid's concerned, I'll speak my mind and really connect with my inner "b"! — gummismom
23. The support you get from other people surprises you, because the people giving it are not always the ones you'd expect. —
(Don't I know this! Very sadden by this but in my time of need it came from the most unexpected places. So glad we have great neighbors and great people we have worked with they really made us feel loved. Especially when we have waited so long and gone through so much to get what we have.)
24. Nothing is just yours any longer. You share EVERYTHING! — DylanLsMom
25. No matter what you've accomplished in life, you look at your child and think, "I've done a GREAT job!" — Anon.
26. You want to take better care of yourself for your child. — Treasor
27. You can have the most wonderful conversation using only vowel sounds like "ahhh" and "oooo." — littlehulk2008
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Ralph does an amazing job getting me flowers every year for our anniversary. I get a rose for every year! I was pretty excited last year to get a whole dozen. So what could possible make it better? The sweet pink 13th rose for our brand new baby girl!
Can you see it? Love you Ralph!!!
Monday, September 13, 2010
I can't believe how fast and how much she has grown in just seven weeks! She is so alert and gets more fun everyday! She smiles and laughs! Just love her bunches! Angie came over and took lots of pictures of Jessica! Thanks Angie! Love them!
Sunday, September 5, 2010
What a GREAT but crazy day! We got to bless our beautiful little girl! It was truly amazing I have waited years for this day! She was surrounded by great men that we love and respect a lot! Our branch President from our single days drove up from Oregon. The Missionary that baptized my family many many years ago happens to live in Washington was there. He also attended our wedding.
Our wonderful Stake President, Bishop Blackner, Ralph, Grandpa and James. And Ralph's crazy friend (twins separated at birth) Adam came from Ohio. My mom and sister and her family were there along with my great friend Linda. Bishop Bennett told me to have more kids just to boost our attendance in Sacrament meetings. I had the camera with me but failed to remember to get picture of all these wonderful people we love! Thanks you so much for sharing our wonderful day with us! As for the crazy part Ralph had to go to the hospital an hour before we were suppose to be at church. He cut his eye and went and had it looked at I was so scared he would miss everything. Lucky for him he works at the hospital and knows most of the doctors otherwise he wouldn't have been at the blessing or home for hours. He had a nice black eye for a couple of days. I told him he could just tell people I gave it to him! =)
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
I'm looking for a picture of my friend Jessica and me as kids! Will post later.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Aunt Sandra and Uncle Joe and my cousins Michael, Joey, Brandon and Alyssa
Joey kissing his beautiful Alyssa!
Cousin Joey kissing me!
Dad and Cousin Joey and little ol' me! =)
My first wedding! I got to see my cousin Joey marry his beautiful wife Alyssa! We are so excited for them both and love Alyssa so much! She came and saw me in the hospital right after I was born along with cousin Joey! We wish them every happiness as they start their new life together! Love you both!
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Grandpa came to see me at the hospital! Mom told me grandpa looked a little nervous about holding me. Grandpa replied the last time he held a newborn baby was when my daddy was born! He's a pro at it now! He comes to visit often and is much more comfortable hanging with me! Love you Grandpa!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
These are my walking and preggo buddies! I can't even remember now how it all started and when. There is five weeks difference between us all. Kami is 5 weeks behind me and then Melissa 10 weeks. It has been so fun to be able to share our experiences with each other. We would meet up just about everyday and walk usually 2 miles. Giving us lots of time to talk about our appointments, what we were experiencing, whats coming next, and just girl talk. It is amazing how fast the time went by I now have a baby and they are both very close. I can't wait to meet their sweet little babies! And then when we need help we look to our friend JeriLynn. She had her third baby just weeks before me and has tons of great advice!
Notice the matching shorts! =) We all showed up wearing them at Kami's shower. I know I just had a baby but they are really comfy! And I love them! And these great ladies!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Sunday, August 15, 2010
I went to my first party! It was in my honor! It was so fun! Lots of games! Lots of mom's awesome friends that came to see me and give me gifts! I know the party is suppose to happen before I came but I think this was the best. I got held by many people that my mom loves and adores! Mom's YW president (Leanne) and her daughter (Kira) that my mom use to babysit threw the shower. There was lots of yummy food and tons of games and prizes! One of mom's friend (Simone) from high school came up from Portland and her mom (Sis. Schilling) was the Stake YW pres. when my mom was growing up. Mom's pregnant walking girls club friends were there. (Melissa and Kami) Grandma was still visiting so she attended and Auntie Lisa drove up for the day to hang with us too! The Johnson girls were there and fighting who was going to get to babysit me! Dad's evil twin's family (Kellyn and Sis. Bennett) they're not evil just Adam! Thanks for making my first party so awesome! Mom will have to work really hard to top that party! I got wonderful gifts! One was a beautiful quilt sent from Sis. deMars who use to be in our ward. She sent mom a very cool bag just for her. And then mom's friend from her young single adult days (Cheryl) made me the coolest cover up ever! Thanks again for coming to meet me and love on me! I had the best time!