Daddy's girl!

Daddy's girl!
One of my favorites!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

My name isn't Christie anymore it's CRISPY! =)






So while in Washington I got to spend time with my friend Susan and her adorable kids. And one day when I was visiting her daughter Sierra came up to me and was like hey Crispy. We all started laughing. It's true kids say the darnest things. Susan's husband is currently deployed. She is doing an amazing job keeping it all together. I often wonder what it would be like to have to explain to young children that their dad will be gone for sometime. And how in the world do you ever never let them see you cry or be upset about your loved one being so far away from you as well. I have enough trouble just keeping me together while Ralph is gone. Let alone four beautiful children(Susan's kids: Sierra, Ruby, Stan and Chance) I think Military spouses are special and incredible to be able to deal with being both parents and handling all the household responsibilities.  And give a big applause to all those that have done so or will. If people only knew what military spouses go through. Then maybe some people wouldn't be so quick to judge or make stupid comments! Just something that drives me CRAZY!!! So be proud knowing your doing your best!  I think because there is that show called Army Wives that's what people think our lives are like.  IT'S JUST NOT TRUE!  

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That IS SO TRUE! I wish they'd take that show off...no one likes how they portray the wives. Well, glad you tried to come see us and we'll try again. How can you come back in a year? Does the military let you go where you want? Derek is in an internship in Lacey next week and he ask me to ask you if he could stay in the house that week and not communte every night. Would you care? Said he'd sleep on the floor. His phone number is 360-829-0182. Well, we still intend to come down so get ready to show us around. Better get to bed. Bye, Marilyn

Athena said...

Wow, Susan has 4 kids now? They're so so cute! I sure admire all you military wives-whether you have children or not it's got to hard to not have your husband around for such long periods of time. Not to mention all the worrying that goes with it. Some people don't realize how lucky we are to have people like Ralph willing to do what they aren't. We miss you guys!